This minty ‘fresh’ lip balm is moisturizing, fresh and has a delicious smell. I like to use this refreshing balm, but you need to make sure that peppermint essential oil is right for you. It can be irritating to skin. This is why you should be careful not to overuse it (2 drops are quite enough for this quantity) and maybe test it first on a small skin area. You wouldn’t like to get your lips all irritated and swollen.
You will need:
• 1 tsp shea butter
• 1 tsp sweet almond oil
• 1 tsp beeswax
• 2 drops peppermint essential oil
1. Use a glass jar to combine the shea butter, sweet almond oil and the beeswax.
2. Pour some water into a small pan and place the jar inside.
3. Put the pan over low heat and leave it there until everything melts.
4. Once everything has fully melted, remove from heat and add the Peppermint essential oil.
5. Give it a stir and that pour the oil mixture in the storage container.
6. Make sure that you do this quickly as the wax tends to solidify real fast. If you are not able to transfer all the content at once, reheat and finish the job.
This lip balm will take good care of your lips and it is safe to use during the summer days when you usually spend a lot of time in the sun light because the peppermint essential oil is not photo sensitive. If you don’t like this particular essential oil, you may replace it. Use lavender or sandalwood instead. The only thing you will miss will be the refreshing touch.