We have just lauched a special offer on a great Illustrated Asian Recipe eBook (check out the 50% discount available near the bottom of the ebook page). To show you how easy the recipes are to follow we have produced one for you free below. All of the recipes in the book are beautifully illustrated and designed so that even the novice can make a great meal.
Often served in banquets or take out Chinese delivery, Chinese fried rice has its share of followers world-wide. If you’re one of the people who drives for an hour just to take home some of this popular rice dish, you’ll surely love this recipe.
What You’ll Need:
2 cups cooked chilled rice (leftover steamed rice which has been sitting in your refrigerator for about 12-24 hours)
½ cup frozen green peas
½ cup diced carrots
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 piece Chinese sausage sliced thinly, about 1/3 to ½ cup
½ teaspoon of rock salt
1/3 cup green sliced green onion, cut into half inch pieces
1 tablespoon soy sauce (optional)
Let’s Make Some Chinese Fried Rice!
1. Make sure you got everything nice and ready.
2. Heat up the oil in a wok or pan over medium-high heat.
3. Scramble the egg and set aside.
4. Using the oil remaining in the pan, sauté the carrots, white parts of the green onion and sliced Chinese sausage for about a minute.
5. Dump in the rice and peas. Mix everything together and keep tossing for about 2 to 3 minutes until everything is heated through. Season with salt and/or soy sauce.
6. Remove from heat and add the egg and remaining green onion.
7. Serve in bowls with some dumplings or eat on its own.
This recipe makes two servings and can be easily doubled to feed more people.
Want more – Get the whole book.